Mixed League Rules
THURSDAY MIXED LEAGUE
1. Mixed (1 man & 1 women) – there will be 2 groups – 21 teams per group with a Bye.
2. Schedule – Group A and Group B (you will play everyone in your group 1 time). Following the last week of regular play will be our fun night, you will play the corresponding team from the other group. (exp: Group A 1st place will play group B 1st place & so on). This will be our end of the year fun night!
3. Every year the groups will change – Top 10 in each group will become the new Group A, bottom 10 of each group will become Group B.
4. Start Date – April 29th
5. Tee time – your team will list the time you are available to tee off. It must be between 3:30-5:15
6. It will be a scramble each week.
7. It will be handicapped. The first 2 weeks will be 75% until a mixed hcp is established. From then it will be 3 week HCP. Example 4th week played will drop the 1st week score off. . The start of next year your hcp will be taken from the first 2 weeks of previous year. Max HCP is 16.
8. Entry fee $35 per person. (Weekly Points, play days, & banquet will be paid with entry fees)
9. Weekly league dues for non-members - per person $9.00 green fees + $5.00 Cart =$14.00
10. There will 3 play days each week per group. $10 each – Putt, Pin & Low Net – 1 additional $10 envelope for the Bye Week Match
11. Each point at the end of season is worth $.50.
12. TEE BOXES.
a. Men -Blue tees
b. Senior’s (65-79) - White tees
c. Women & Senior’s (80+) - Red tees
d. Women (65+) - Gold Tees
13. Skins Game (optional) $5 per team weekly – Skins will be taken care of at the counter.
14. 50/50 each week. Winner gets half, half goes towards banquet.
15. Colonial will oversee keeping scores, points, schedules & will set up banquet with the help of anyone who wants to volunteer.
16. Subs are allowed, your HCP will be 75%
17. If a team forfeits the other team does not have to play to get their 5 points. The team may come out and play if they wish. They will be eligible for 2 of the “play of days” but not the skins game or low net.
18. If you have the BYE week in your group, you will play the BYE team from the other group. No Points will be awarded for Byes but you will be playing for the weekly play day envelope for $10.00. All Bye matches will be played on the FRONT NINE!
19. If you cannot play on Thursday you have the week before & up to the Monday after to make up the match. I will need the scores by Wednesday morning to get scorecards ready.
20. If there is a rollover on skins game, we will double up the following week. If you were not in the first week due to a forfeit or bye, you will be able to pay double to get in the skins game.
21. If there is a rollover over on one of the “play of days”, we will just roll it over to the following week and have 3 “play of days” that week.
22. If you have a question about a rule, you may contact the clubhouse for the ruling or play a provisional ball and keep 2 scores for that hole until you can get inside to the rules committee to determine the correct action.
23. Rules committee – Shea Hodge, Randy Thornton, Glenda Kretzer
24. Rule hole #17 ---2 shots (4 balls two per player) in the BIG pond and you can take a stroke and carry around to the Drop Zone (labeled Tuesday night league) and proceed from there. You can NOT hit one in the pond off the tee box and cant it as one of your balls. It doesn’t count until you have cleared the creek water hazard first. If you need more explanation, ask the club house or someone from rules committee.
25. Rainouts – We will NOT make up rainouts. Rainouts will be determined by the course.
26. We have a waitlist, if interested in joining mixed league please contact the golf course at 247-3307 to be added to the list.
27. If your team forfeits more than 3 times you will lose your spot in league. We have a waitlist of people that wish to join this league. (COVID 19 ) excuses certain forfeits!
28. New USGA rules are in effect except the new OB rule. Colonial Mixed League will keep with the original OB rule that we have used forever.